Monday, October 8, 2012

What I’m into, today/ and a Statement...





Here’s a neat e-book, written from the perspective of the Future. I’m on the third.


….and so on….
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

I would like this space to be for more than just me.
I have all of the Forum I require at my main blog…
Recently, while thinking about the quadrennial appearance of the Local Democrats….. akin to Cicadas, suddenly in all the trees…I hit on the idea of going ahead and doing it :providing a Forum.
A quick Google search indicated that no one else has…
Eventually, when someone does such a search(say, for Mason,Tx Liberal)…they will be directed here.

With that in mind, I wish to encourage my Left_leaning Neighbors to contribute…write something…
Almost anything…
So long as it’s from a Leftish Perspective.
That’s it.
That’s my Editorial Slant…
Do as thou wilt, otherwise.
I don’t expect anyone more Radical than Me(but will be happily surprised, if it turns up!)
Currently, there is no Forum, locally, to my knowledge, where Non Right Wing Opinions can be put forth…there’s no Local analog to Tea People, for the Left.
At the same time, I am aware of at least 600 Folks, out here in the Wilderness, who at least Vote Democratic.(from election results).
We are Out Here, and we are Underserved.
Ergo….Here Ya’ Go.
As “Sysop”, or “Admin”, or whatever, I reserve the right to Smite Trolls.
Also, Pseudonyms…Nom De Guerrs…are Cool.
Identities will be protected.(Quid Pro Quo,lol.)
E-mail it to me, in Word, preferably.(I’m no Computer Whiz)
(amfortasthehippie@gmail.com)
The Motto, if there is one, is Au Deamus! (see:Immanuel Kant)
My favorite quote, from Bertrand Russell:

” Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.”

In this spirit, get to it.
Amfortas

No comments:

Post a Comment